Brand Name: TOO FACED
Shade: Vanilla, Light Beige & Sand
Overall Rating:4.2/5 (I swear I would have given it 5/5 if it hadn’t broken me out. Read MY THOUGHTS at the end of this post for details)
- Wow such an amazing frosted glass packaging
- Lovely pink too faced standard outer card packaging
- Lovely combination of gold and black on frosted glass
- Nothing too fancy
What I like about TOO FACED BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION?
I can go on and on praising this baby but there is something sad about it too!
- Gives a flawless, beautiful, close to perfection, satin, dewy and healthy finish to the skin
- Actually looks like your skin but better
- The name “Born this way” just perfectly defines the purpose
- Makes your skin look so flawless that nobody can even detect you are wearing anything and people might just actually believe you were born this way with such beautiful skin
- Undetectable coverage
- Medium coverage that is easily buildable
- Best friend of somebody with dry to extra dry skin
- Great for normal skin types
What I don’t like about TOO FACED BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION?
- Gives a tough time blending with a dense buffing brush or beauty blender
- AH!!! Hate to say that it breaks me out. Can I cry?
- Nightmare for somebody with oily skin
My thoughts on TOO FACED BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION?
I was dying to review this foundation but I wanted to try it properly so that I could give an honest feedback on this one and don’t end up being the cause of somebody wasting their hard earned money on something that is not well worth the hype. This foundation is hands down my favorite foundation for life. I don’t experiment much when it comes to something that goes on my face. My skin is sensitive and prone to acne breakouts so I am always careful. Initially I was a huge fan of Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and nothing can ever change my liking towards that foundation, not even this one but yes, I can safely say that this is another favorite of mine now.
Coming on to this foundation I’d like to share my experience about it. I actually fall short of words when it comes to using praising this foundation. I am absolutely in love with the finish it provides but sadly (CRYING) it breaks me out. Initially I wanted to believe it wasn’t this foundation because I just did not want to let it go this way but then I had to believe it when the breakout kept increasing from one bump on day one to 4 to 5 small ones on day 3. I love it so much that I am still willing to accept the breakout situation and treat it with all the best techniques in the world just to enjoy the finish of this foundation on my face.
I have now decided to wear it occasionally and I request TOO FACED people if they are reading it to please do something about the formula and change it a tad bit so that those with acne prone skin can safely enjoy it.
A Small Tip:
- Use your fingers to blend this foundation OR
- Keep spraying your brush with Smashbox primer water or MAC fix+ to make blending easier
What is it made of?
Water (Aqua) (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isododecane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone, EthylhexylMethoxycinnamate, Magnesium Sulfate, DiphenylDimethicone, Tribehenin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, DisteardimoniumHectorite, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, TetrahexyldecylAscorbate, CocosNucifera Water, EthylhexylPalmitate, Rhododendron Ferrugineum Extract, Alcohol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Lecithin, PistaciaLentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/PeutContenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
By : Natural Health News