How Do You Select The Right Foundation Shade?

Research in the makeup industry has shown that only 15% of women choose the right foundation shade provided that they are equipped with the right tools and the knowledge to choose the right shade. Remaining 85% are still choosing the wrong shades so what we can do here is we can provide information to these 85% on how to select the right foundation shade.
Follow this step by step guide to find the shade that fits perfectly with your skin tone:

1.    Choose your skin type








2.    Ask for help! Get color matched by an expert makeup artist (in store or at your salon)









3.    Collect free samples of various shades (Optional but ideal)









4.    Take into account the color of your neck








5.    Swipe different shades on your jawline








6.    Shortlist only 2 colors (nothing more)








7.    Apply each color on each side of the full face








8.    Blend like a pro

a.    Blend liquid/creams/mousse foundation with flat topped dense brushes
b.    Blend BB creams with fingers by warming them first in your hands
c.    Blend powders with large fluffy brushes
d.    Blend foundation sticks with damp beauty blender or other preferable makeup sponges








9.    Finally check the shades in daylight (ALWAYS – High Priority*)








That’s it! If the shade exactly matches your skin tone in the daylight and looks completely natural with flawless final finish then that is exactly the foundation you need in your life RIGHT AWAY!


Related Articles:

NYX Total Control Drop Foundation

Bourjois Fond De Teint Healthy Mix Foundation

Top Favorite Low Cost Tried & Tested Foundations For Daily Wear

Mac Face & Body Foundation

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

Are You Making This Foundation Mistake Since Decades?

Tips To Buy The Right Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Powder Foundation

Foundation Brush – Real Techniques By Sam & Nic Chapman

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid To Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Makeup Forever Ultra Hd Foundation – Shade 117 = Y225 Marble

3 Best Foundations/BB Creams For Acne Prone Skin

BareMineralsbareskin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

Clinique Acne Solutions™ Liquid Foundation

Coverfx Total Cover Cream Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Foundation 101 – Tools & Coverage

Clinique Beyong Perfecting™ Foundation + Concealer

Basic Primer & Foundation Must Buy Drugstore & High End

Beginner 101 – What You Shouldn’t Do When Applying Foundation?

Beginner 101 – Some Foundation Must Do’s!

Beginner 101 – 5 Brushes You Need In Your Life Right Now To Perfect Your Foundation & Concealer

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Swatches

YVES Saint Lauren Touche Eclat Le Teint Radiance Awakening Foundation SPF 22

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick foundation

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation – Shade 125 = Y315 Sand

First Impression Marc Jacobs Beauty Re (Marc) Able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate

Best Foundations For All Skin Types

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Swatches

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation

Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

By : Natural Health News

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button