What is Evening Primrose Oil?
Evening primrose oil is the oil extracted from the seeds of the Evening primrose wildflower that grows throughout the United States. It is only recently that it has been used as medicine. Native Americans used its seeds for food and European settlers took its root back to their countries, where it was eaten as food.
Evening primrose oil is high in the omega-6 essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). Essential fatty acids are used as building blocks for a number of molecules in the body and a balance of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids is good for the health. Modern diets consist of a large amount of omega-6 fatty acids which disturbs this balance. Evening primrose oil contains a much healthier form of omega-6 and is therefore a good addition to the diet.
Evening primrose oil is available as an oil or in capsules. To prevent rancidity, its products should be kept in the refrigerator and out of direct sunlight. High-quality oils are usually extracted from organic seeds and are packaged in light-resistant containers that are refrigerated and marked with a freshness date. Always buy Evening primrose oil that is standardized to contain 8% gamma-linolenic acid.
Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil
- It is beneficial for skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. When used topically it relieves a lot of the symptoms of these skin conditions such as itching, crusting, swelling, edema, and redness.
- It eases breast tenderness caused by premenstrual syndrome (PMS) or other conditions
- Some evidence suggests that it might help patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- It may help reduce symptoms in some people with Raynaud’s phenomenon
- It may help reduce the symptoms of diabetic peripheral neuropathy, which is a nerve condition where people with diabetes have numbness, tingling, pain, burning, or lack of sensation in their feet and legs
- It is widely used in Europe to treat breast pain
The Most Effective Health Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
Natural Vitamin E Oil for Skin and Healthy Hair
Natural Essential Oils for Wellbeing and Weight Loss
Uses and Benefits of Coconut Oil in Your Daily Diet Routine
Learn About Essential Oils and Herbs How Works in Everyday
8 Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut oil
Vatika Naturals Almond Enriched Hair Oil
Olive Oil – The Health Benefits
Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
13 Natural Remedies for Grover’s Disease with Natural Essential Oils
7 Natural Remedies for Granuloma Annulare Treat with Coconut Oil
Natural Essential Oils for Skin Care That Will Improve Your Skin
By : Natural Health News
Leave a Reply