What Are Wrinkles ?
The appearance of wrinkles is normal as you age. Though, these tend to get more obvious on skin that is frequently exposed to sun, for example, forearms, hands, neck and face. Even though, genetic plays a vital role in determining the texture and structure of our skin, yet, the aforementioned factor is the main trigger of wrinkles, particularly for individuals with fairer skin. In addition, few other factors may also contribute in the emergence of wrinkles, these include smoking and pollutants.
In case your appearance with wrinkles is bothersome for you, then you can review a number of treatment options present nowadays for wrinkles. These can greatly help you by making your wrinkles less obvious and your skin look smooth. Few of the effective options are as follow:
- Skin resurfacing techniques.
What Are The Symptoms Of Wrinkles ?
Wrinkles are marked by the creases and lines that develop in the skin. Few of them tend to turn into deeper furrows or crevices, and are particularly obvious around the neck, mouth and eyes.
When Is The Right Time To Seek Medical Aid ?
In case the wrinkles on your face are bothersome, or are obvious enough to cause you social disgrace, then you must review the list of good dermatologists present in your town!
What Causes Wrinkles ?
Wrinkles are known to form due to the mixture of several factors, few of which are controllable, whereas others are not, these are:
- Normal aging: as with the normal aging process, our skin gets more fragile and less elastic. The making of natural oil reduces, making your skin leave drier. Such causes the skin to look wrinkled.
Exposure to sunlight: UV radiation is known to accelerate the aging process, thus the leading cause of premature wrinkles. UV radiation is either received through natural sources, that is sunlight, or through artificial means, that is tanning beds etc. Too much exposure to UV light not merely causes wrinkles, but a number of other skin diseases and damages.
- Smoking: like the UV radiation, cigarette smoking also speed up the normal process of skin aging.
- Consequently, forming wrinkles.
How Are Wrinkles Diagnosis ?
Based on the physical evaluation of the skin, the doctor can detect wrinkles on your skin.
How Are Wrinkles Treatment ?
In case the appearance is bothersome, then you can consult a dermatologist for an effective solution. He or she will review the treatment options to reduce or smooth your wrinkles. What option is best for you is depended upon your skin and personal preferences. Treatment options include:
- Medication: topical retinoids, prescription creams.
- Surgical procedures plus other techniques: chemical peel, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, face-lift, skin tightening, soft tissue fillers, Botox (Botulinum toxin type A) and radiofrequency treatments.
How Are Wrinkles Preventable ?
To an extent, yes! Though, wrinkles caused by normal aging are unpreventable. Following ways can help you reduce the possibilities of skin damage:
- Consume a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- If you smoke, quit it immediately.
- Cover your skin during the sun exposure, use an effective sunscreen.
- Too much exposure to UV rays is harmful, thus, avoid!
- Use moisturizers.
Related Articles :
By : Natural Health News