What Is Rash ?
A rash is defined as an abnormal or irregular change in the color or texture of skin. Usually, Rashes are caused due to skin inflammation, which are due to several causes.
Different types of rashes are present such as eczema, lichen planus and granuloma annulare.
Infections which are responsible to cause rashes are bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitic infection. OTC drugs are present to treat different types of skin rashes and inflammation.
Types of rashes: It includes:
- Eczema: it is a common type of rash for allergies or asthma sufferer. Often, the rash is itchy and reddish, having a scaly appearance or texture.
- Bug bites: bites by bugs are the worrying condition, since they are able to transmit disease.
- Psoriasis: it is an itchy, scaly, or dark red rash that appears along with the joints and scalp.
- Dandruff: it is an itchy, flaky scalp rash. If an infant is suffering from dandruff, it is known as cradle cap.
- Seborrhea dermatitis: it is a dandruff condition that appears on the mouth, ears, and nose or anywhere along with the scalp.
What Are The Symptoms Of Rash ?
The rash is a very common skin disorder. It is usually not a very serious disorder. The following symptoms are seen:
- Scaly, Dry, or coated skin which might develop leathery and thick from prolonged scratching
- Development of fluid-filled, small blisters that may secrete when they are scratched.
- Presence of Infection to the broken areas.
What Are The Causes Of Rash ?
There are varieties of factors which can cause skin rashes like infections, allergens, heat, disorders of immune system as well as specific medications. The most commonly seen skin disorders that results in a rash is eczema which is also called as atopic dermatitis.
How Rashes Are Diagnosis ?
Rashes are considered as the most usual reasons for the parents of babies to visit the physician. In several situations, rashes don’t designate a dangerous or harmful medical condition, however in few serious situations, they become harmful. It is not a dangerous situation if a person or child is present in a good general health. The symptoms will disappear soon in few days. There are different types of rashes having different reasons. Thus, it is good to visit the doctor and let him understand the type of rash? How extensive this type of rash is? What are the symptoms? And how big the rashes are? Your doctor can only diagnose the particular type.
How Rashes Are Treatment ?
It is a wise option to visit a doctor for skin rashes. The treatment may include:
- Nonprescription (over-the-counter) remedies include the following:
- Anti-itch creams containing 1% hydrocortisone cream can be effective.
- Oral antihistamines like diphenhydramine and hydroxyzine can be helpful in controlling the itching.
- Moisturizing lotions
- Fungal infections are best treated with topical antifungal medications that contain clotrimazole (Lotrimin), myconazole (Mycatin), or terbinafine (Lamisil).
Related Articles :
Penincillin Allergy Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Peanut Allergy Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Nickel Allergy Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Mumps Symptoms, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
Moles Symptoms, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
Milia Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prognosis
Egg Allergy Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Complications, Diagnosis and Treatment
Baby Acne Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Age Spots Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Reactive Arthritis Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Smallpox Symptoms, Causes, Complications, Diagnosis and Treatment
Sarcoidosis Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis and Treatment
By : Natural Health News
Leave a Reply