Arthritis is basically inflammation of joints and your body is totally in inflammatory state. Anything that has the slightest chance of causing inflammation will deteriorate your overall well-being. There are certain foods that have high tendency of causing inflammation. You should strictly avoid them if you are on a strict Arthritis diet plan.
Here is a list of the foods that are responsible for causing inflammation and you should strictly avoid in your Arthritis diet:
Avoid Fats & Oils
- Avoid all sorts of trans fats because they increase LDL which is also known as bad cholesterol and reduce HDL which is good cholesterol that results in high risk of clogged arteries further leading to heart diseases.
- Don’t dominate the intake Omega-6 fatty acids. They are not bad but the intake should be limited because it is found in products that have high content of oils.
- Saturated fats should be limited to only 10% in one particular day which makes about 20 grams. People with Arthritis are more prone to getting heart diseases so they need to watch their fat content very carefully and should avoid everything that carries excess oil.
Reduce Your Salt Intake
- Limit your salt intake to ½ teaspoona day when you are on Arthritis diet because too much salt makes cells attract water like a sponge. When you consume too much salt, water retention increases pressure on your blood vessels which leads to high blood pressure and that is of course, not healthy.
- Eat less salt because eating less of it would also reduce calcium loss from your bones which will reduce the risk of osteoporosis and bone fracture.
Cut Down Your Sugar Intake
- Sugar is a known source of inflammation. People with skin inflammation are also strictly told not to incorporate any sort of sugar in their diet. People following Arthritis diet plans are also advised to please reduce or totally cut down your sugar intake.
- Also avoid artificial sweeteners because they are generally not good for your overall well-being.
So, if you are following a proper Arthritis diet plan and you have the craving of consuming excessive salt, oils or sugars please keep in mind they are your enemies because they will cause more inflammation leading to more problems.
By : Natural Health News