Suffer from acidity or acid reflux also commonly and are tired of having antacids? Well, there are natural remedies you can get rid of the condition. Thought to be due to enlarged pitta or the lack of digestive fire, Ayurveda prescribes a number of remedies for the problem. Not only are these natural home remedies without any side-effects, they will also help resolve the discomfort that comes with hyper acidity in jiffy.
Symptoms of Acidity
The symptoms of acidity in children include vomiting, coughing and the formation of ulcers in the throat. In case of adults, it possibly identified from the symptoms like abdominal pain, heartburn, pain in the chest, swelling in the chest, and formation of gas in the stomach. Loss of nausea, appetite, vomiting and sickness are some other main symptoms; we have discussed them all in detail below:
- Heartburn is the symptom of acidity that when shows up, cannot be unnoticed without medication. It is a burning feeling in the chest, just behind the breast bone. One may suffer it right after eating and it may continue from a minute to an hour.
- Heartburn is extremely common problem with acid reflux patients, and is also one that should not be left untreated as it can lead to life-threatening conditions like Barett’s Esophagus, Cancer, etc.
- Next in line is the symptom of regurgitation. When you get this feeling of acid accumulating in your mouth or throat, it is a symptom of acidity reflux. It makes the taste of your mouth sour and makes you feel pukish.
- Acidity can also trigger asthma. This is because with the constant coughing and acid reflux, the air passage and lungs get affected, thereby making it difficult to breathe. A diverse cause for this is that when acid come into the esophagus, it triggers a nerve reflex which narrows down the airway to keep the acid from entering. This results in asthma or difficulty in breathing.
- Acidity can also trigger asthma. This is because with the constant coughing and acid reflux, the air passage and lungs get affected, thereby making it difficult to breathe. Another reason for this is that when acid enters the esophagus, it triggers a nerve reflex which narrows down the airway to keep the acid from entering. This results in asthma or complexity in breathing.
Home Remedies for Acidity
Natural Remedies for acidity make it easy to treat the Well-Being for Life and the condition of too much secretion of acids in the stomach during the process of digestion. Several of the remedies consist of overwhelming plantains, cumin seeds, orange juice, cloves, milk, honey, apple cider vinegar, ginger, coconut water, coriander leaves, vegetables and sprouts, among a number of other related food products.
Almonds are particularly good for digestion because their high oil content neutralizes stomach acid. Take a handful about 15-20 and 1/2 hour later your heartburn should be gone.
Aloe Vera Juice
Just as Aloe Vera acts as a coolant and diminishes the inflammation on the skin, it as well cools down the stomach and provides heartburn relief. Aloe vera juice has a long history of use in Europe as a natural home remedy to reduce heartburn. You should only use aloe vera juice that has been particularly prepared for internal use.
Ginger juice, mixed with roasted cumin seeds and rock salt, happens to be an outstanding option for the treatment of acidity.
Even a piece of apple can calm down acid production and drop off the burning sensation. Apples neutralize the acid in your stomach in about 5 minutes. Braeburn or Gala apples work best. Celery sticks and cabbage will also reduce stomach acid.
It is also a good idea to chew mint leaves with boiled water to keep acidity at bay. Mint juice is also counsel for the same purpose.
Baking soda is a natural antacid. Mix between 1/2 and 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a glass of water to neutralize acid and temporarily improve heartburn caused by acid reflux. If you have heartburn regularly, avoid using this baking soda remedy. It is high in salt and could cause side effects like swelling and nausea.
Bananas perform as a natural antacid in the body. You can eat either fresh or dried bananas.
Basil leaves also help in reduce heartburn, as well as combating nausea and gas. Chewing 2 to 3 basil leaves minimizes stomach acid.
Chewing gum stimulates the salivary flow rate, and any acid that accumulates in your stomach is washed away and cleared more quickly. Choose a sugar-free, fruit-flavored gum. Mint gums can be irritating to various people.
You can also make teas ready of crushed cinnamon or cardamom to cool the heat of heartburn. Add 1 teaspoon of also crushed or powdered herb to 1 cup boiling water, steep, strain or drink.
It is a natural home remedy to drink two glasses of water in the morning on a regular basis. This helps to maintain the level of acids in the stomach.
Ginger is a natural remedy for the treatment of acidity. In fact, it is suggested to add a touch of ginger to every food product to keep the body free from acidity.
Potato juice not only neutralizes the acid in your stomach, but it also heals the lining of your esophagus. It is easy, safe and effective.
Juice one raw potato and add the same quantity of cold water. Make sure to stir the mixture well until it is cloudy from the starch. Drink it right away for the finest result.
There are various other things you should keep in mind if you suffer from heartburn:
- Avoid specific foods that trigger your heartburn. Eat more fiber to keep your digestive tract moving and healthy. Also decrease portion sizes.
- Push away the plate at least two or three hours before bedtime so your stomach has a chance to empty before you lie down.
- Eat slowly, taking smaller bites.
- Excess abdominal fat can press against the stomach, forcing acids up into the esophagus. Follow a diet and work out program for weight loss.
- Smoking can decrease the effectiveness of the muscle that keeps acids in the stomach. For this, and so lots of other health reasons, it’s always the great time to quit.
- Ditch the skin-tight jeans. Tight clothes put added pressure on the abdomen.
- Put wood blocks under your bed to raise the head about 6 inches. Don’t bother raising your pillows, though it’s not effective for heartburn.
- Exercise may keep against the acid reflux that leads to heartburn.
By : Natural Health News