RECIPE: Barbeque Salmon And Snap Pea Slaw
What do you need?
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground fresh chile paste
- 4 (6-ounce) fresh or frozen sustainable salmon fillets (such as wild Alaskan), thawed
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup grated radishes
- 1/4 cup very thinly vertically sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Note: This serving is for 4 people.
How do you make it?
- Preheat the grill to high heat
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and ginger in a mini food processor; pulse until finely chopped
- Add juice and next 4 ingredients (through chile paste); pulse to combine
- Place salmon on a grill rack coated with cooking spray
- Brush tops of salmon with half of sauce
- Grill for 10 minutes
- Brush with remaining sauce
- Grill for an additional 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness
- Combine peas, radishes, and shallots
- Combine vinegar and remaining 1 tablespoon oil
- Stir well
- Drizzle over pea mixture
- Sprinkle with salt and toss well
- Serve with salmon
How many calories would you consume with this?
Good to know!
Who thought having fats can give you that lean body? Nobody until the concept of healthy fats arose! These healthy fats found in Salmon disapprove the theory that all fats add to weight gain. Healthy fats don’t! Also when you consume Salmon you are consuming the following vitamins & nutrients before hitting bed:
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- High Quality Protein
- Essential Amino Acids
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin E
So; eat fats, stay healthy and lose pounds!
By : Natural Health News