RECIPE: Shrimp Tacos With Green Apple Salsa
What do you need?
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 ounce crumbled Queso fresco
Note: This serving is for 4 people.
How do you make it?
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl
Combine shrimp and spice mixture in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal
- Let it stand for 15 minutes
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 2 teaspoons juice, onions, 1/8 teaspoon salt, rind, apple, and jalapeño
- Toss all the ingredients
- Remove shrimp from bag; discard marinade
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat
- Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Arrange half of shrimp in pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done
- Remove from pan; keep warm
- Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp
- Toast the tortillas in grill pan, if desired
- Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide shrimp evenly among tortillas
- Divide salsa evenly among tacos, and top with queso fresco
How many calories would you consume with this?
Good to know!
This 300 calorie dinner can satisfy your cravings yet giving you the peace of mind that you are still losing weight. You can hit bed to gear up for the next day by eating this low calorie meal which will provide you all the required nutrients a body needs at dinner time.
Stay healthy, stay thin but don’t starve!
By : Natural Health News
Leave a Reply