RECIPE: Stone Fruit Chicken-Rice Salad
What do you need?
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups pitted, coarsely chopped nectarines
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons torn mint
Note: This serving is for 4 people.
How do you make it?
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until done
- Let it stand for 5 minutes
- Chop the chicken into lean cuts
- Combine oil, rind, juice, and mustard in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk
- Add chopped, cooked chicken, nectarines, and remaining ingredients
- Toss all the ingredients properly
And voilaaa!! You have a low fat and healthy meal ready to EAT!!!
How many calories would you consume with this?
Good to know!
This low calorie, fruity and healthy meal with a combination of grains and proteins ideal to be consumed at night so that you get a good portion of protein yet not stay deprived of the beloved carbs. You also take good amount of fruits along with this dish so yeah, a great combination meal to stay thin and most of all healthy!
By : Natural Health News
Leave a Reply