Grape fruit is loaded in Vitamin A, carotene and lycopene. It is frequently valued as the “fruit of paradise” for its health and Well-Being promoting benefits as well as sickness curing properties. Pink and red grapefruits are loaded in beta carotene. It is also a storehouse of polychemicals such as flavonoids, terpens and limonoids.
It contains reasonable levels of Vitamin B complex such as riboflavin, Folate, pyridoxine and also to some imaginative minerals such as calcium, iron, copper and phosphorus. The fruit provides a number of health benefits due to its vast content of necessary vitamins and minerals.
Grapefruit for Weight Loss:
- Grapefruit is very low in calories and consists of only 42 calories per 100 grams. Therefore it is an outstanding selection for people who want to drop weight and health benefits of grapefruit are a lot of.
- Grapefruits help to block the absorption of carbs in the body. Grapefruit juice will help you to burn the extra fat. Eating one grapefruit a day will help you to control your body and proper weight problems.
Grapefruit for Cancer:
- Grapefruit is full of flavonoids which help the body fight infections and keeps the body free from carcinogens that can cause cancer.
- Naringenin helps to repair damaged DNA in prostate cancer cells. DNA repair and contributes to cancer prevention as it impedes the reproduction of cancer cells.
- Vitamin A is required to maintain healthy mucous membranes and skin. Consumption of fruits rich in flavonoid and vitamin A helps to keep from lung cancer and oral cancer.
Grapefruit for Vision:
- Pink and red grapefruits have huge amounts of beta carotene that are necessary to keep the eyes healthy and recover the vision. Just one grapefruit a day is enough to preserve the vision and fight the ravages of eye strain and ageing.
Grapefruit for Gum Problems:
- Eating two grapefruits a day help to decrease gum bleeding. Grapefruits also boost plasma vitamin C levels and help to manage periodontal disease.
Grapefruit for Skin care:
- Grapefruit contains high amount of Vitamin A and C, minerals and anti-oxidants that benefit the skin through the grapefruit use or a homemade mask.
- The potassium present in the grapefruit helps to age spots and smooth wrinkles provides a protective protection against UV rays.
- Grape fruit refreshes the skin and the amino acid present in the grapefruit makes the skin more soft.
Grapefruit for Hair:
- Grapefruit juice is full with vitamin C and Vitamin A which is very important for hair’s health. It boosts blood flow in the scalp which promotes hair growth.
With all these health benefits of grapefruits, it’s no doubt that grapefruits are so popular. Last thing which you need to keep in mind while include grapefruit in your diet. Grapefruits contain a mix named furanocoumarins which is known to glow negative result when combined with medicines.
By : Natural Health News