What is Breast Cancer?
It is a cancer which forms in the breast’s cells and is developed by the tissues of the breasts. It can occur in women and men both; however it is more common particularly in women. Early detection and advanced treatments can help cure breast cancer.
What are the Symptoms of Breast Cancer?
The symptoms include:
• Inverted nipples.
• Flaking, scaling or peeling of the breast skin or nipples.
• Thickening or breast lump that looks different than surrounding tissue.
• Bloody nipple discharge.
• Change in the shape or size of a breast.
• Skin pitting and changes over the breast (may look like an orange skin).
• Skin redness over the breast.
When is the high time to consult your doctor?
In case you notice a lump, skin redness or considerable change in the shape or size of your breast, consult your doctor immediately.
What are the Causes of Breast Cancer?
The causes to develop breast cancer are:
• Family history of ovarian or breast cancer.
• Particular kinds of benign breast lump can be the cause to develop breast cancer.
• Exposure to oestrogen.
• Being obese or over weight.
• Hormone replacement therapy.
• Radiation exposure.
What are the risk factors?
Certain risk factors are mentioned below:
• Being female and increasing age.
• Family or personal breast cancer history.
• Inherited genes.
• Radiation exposure.
• Drinking alcohol.
• Post menopausal hormone therapy.
• A woman who never got pregnant.
• Starting period before 12 years of age.
• Starting menopause at older age.
• Woman having her first baby after the age thirty five.
How is Breast Cancer Diagnosed?
Certain procedures and tests that are used for diagnosing are:
• Breast exam.
• Breast ultrasound.
• Taking a breast cells sample for testing (biopsy).
After you are diagnosed with breast cancer, the doctor would then work in order to determine your cancer stage. The cancer stage tends to help deciding the appropriate treatment options and prognosis. Certain procedures and tests used for the purpose (stage) include.
• Breast MRI.
• Blood tests.
• CT scan.
• Bone scan.
• PET scan.
It is not compulsory that every woman will undergo the above mentioned procedures and tests, your doctor will decide the suitable tests for your case considering your particular circumstances.
How is Breast Cancer Treated?
The treatment of breast cancer solely depends upon the kind of breast cancer you are suffering from, its grade and stage, your preferences and overall health.
Below mentioned are few breast cancer treatment options:
3. Sentinel node biopsy.
4. Axillary lymph node dissection.
5. Removing both the breasts.
• Radiation therapy.
• Hormone therapy.
• Targeted drugs.
How can Breast Cancer be Prevented?
Certain lifestyle changes can help reducing the risk to develop breast cancer.
• Postmenopausal hormone therapy should be limited.
• Consult your doctor regarding breast cancer screening.
• Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
• Exercise daily.
• Healthy weight must be maintained.
Anal Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Bladder Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Male Breast Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Skin Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Lung Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Liver Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
By : Natural Health News
Leave a Reply