What is Wild Strawberries?
During the middle ages in Europe the Romans enjoyed the taste of wild strawberries. Wild Strawberries Herbs were first discovered by the Europeans when they sailed to North America and landed in Virginia in the late 1500’s. They then brought these strawberries that they have found back with them to Europe. Then in mid 1600’s a much larger variety of a strawberry was brought to them from Chile, South America. Together these two varieties were hybridized together and are the parent plants of the modern day strawberry that are planted in most gardens today. All of the cultivated strawberry varieties that are produced today can trace their history back to these two berries from Virginia and Chilean.
There are possibly twelve species of these low-growing perennial herbs, with rooting runners that can carpet a whole area. The classic compound leaves divide into three leaflets with serrated (toothed) edges. The wood strawberry has sharp leaflet tips, whereas the common or Virginia strawberry has rounded leaflet tips.
Although there are few varieties of wild strawberries, all of the species have similar medicinal properties. The leaves are a diuretic, astringent, and tonic and can be made into a mild and aromatic tea, which is most often used to treat diarrhea, intestinal and urinary complaints. Other usual, although unsubstantiated, utilize for strawberry leaf tea include leucorrhoea, catarrh (mucous) of the bladder, rheumatism, respiratory complaints, rash, tension/stress, and water retention.
Strawberry leaves may also be added to bath water for aches and pains or used as a mouth and throat gargle. The German Commission E recommends preparations made from wild strawberry leaves for external utilize in treating rashes, as well as internally for treating gastrointestinal catarrh (mucous), diarrhea, intestinal toning, liver health maintenance, catarrh of respiratory passages, rheumatism, nervousness, bladder health maintenance, gravel, fever, as a diuretic and in support of vascular health.
Benefits of Wild Strawberries
- Wild Strawberries helps in overcoming Obesity i.e. overweight.
- They are also good for your heart, as the phenol Strawberries contain is good for your heart, as well as being an outstanding anti-inflammatory, as they inhibit the activity of one of the enzymes that causes inflammation.
- Strawberry treats Throat Irritation.
- Wild Strawberries treats Cancer.
- Strawberries also contain essential Vitamins. These include Vitamin C, riboflavin, folate, Vitamin A and Vitamin E.
- Wild Strawberries control Bad Cholesterol.
- It has been stated that the ellagitannin that Strawberries contains can help in reducing the risk in the rate of fatality from certain cancers, including Colon Cancer, compared to those people who eat no Strawberries in their Diet.
- Strawberries moreover contain various minerals – including zinc, potassium, magnesium andironcopper and selenium. These minerals are necessary as they enable us to preserve healthy bones, metabolism and water balance.
- Compounds found in strawberry leaves, for example the natural diuretic caffeic acid, may assist pull water out of your joints, which can lessen pain and swelling connected with conditions such as arthritis and rheumatism.
- Wild Strawberries keeps Eye problems at bay thus, guards the Eyes from the harmful UV rays. It curbs Cataract.
- Wild Strawberries counteracts Tuberculosis.
- It refines the Body’s capacity to fight diseases by making the Immune System strong.
- It curbs Anemia and successfully cleans the Blood.
- Strawberry is a good herbal remedy for Dental troubles namely Gingivitis, Toothache, Scurvy and Yellow Teeth.
- Strawberry is a Heart tonic thus, avoids the risk of Atherosclerosis.
- Wild Strawberries fight disease leading to Respiratory discomforts like Asthma and Cold.
- Its fibrous content help Digestion thus, keeps Stomach troubles like Gastritis away.
- Wild Strawberries arrest the bleeding from the Intestines.
- It is Hepatoprotective, thus, protects the Liver against diseases.
- Strawberry maintains the Blood Pressure.
- It combats the trouble of too much perspiration at night.
- Strawberry is helpful in treating Menopausal troubles and Hot Flashes.
- Wild Strawberries good Heeling Herbs for Skin complaints like Wrinkles, Rashes, Cuts, Pigmentation, Burns, Acne and Bruises. It helps in the regeneration of Skin Cells therefore, improves Complexion and gives a younger looking Skin.
By : Natural Health News