RECIPE: Filet Mignon With Fresh Herb & Garlic Rub
What do you need?
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
Note: This serving is for 4 people.
How do you make it?
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl
- Rub all the combined ingredients evenly over steaks
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- Coat pan with cooking spray
- Add steaks to the pan
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness
How many calories would you consume with this?
Good to know!
This meal rubbed with Herbs and garlic is ideal because it gives you a fresh feel once you have eaten it as compared to the meals you eat at fast food chains. You get the feeling of health and freshness because of the herbs used to prepare this low calorie meal for your dinner. 1 ounce of garlic on the other hand is ideal for providing the following vitamins & nutrients:
- Manganese: 23% of the RDA
- Vitamin B6: 17% of the RDA
- Vitamin C: 15% of the RDA
- Selenium: 6% of the RDA
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Decent amounts of Calcium, Copper, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron and Vitamin B1
Garlic is low in calories and super rich in vitamin C therefore ideal for detoxifying your body before hitting bed at night.
So, start consuming this healthy dinner every once in a while to enjoy the benefits!
By : Natural Health News