Brand Name: NYX
4 highlighting shades
- Ice Queen
- Soft Light
4 contour shades
Finish: A mix of matte, satin and illuminating shades
Priced at: $25 excluding taxes
Overall Rating: 4.9/5
- Absolutely amazing expensive looking sturdy packaging
- Comes in a palette of with 8 refillable/removable pans
- Transparent lid
- Overall feels nice to hold
What I like about NYX HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR PRO PALETTE?
- A perfect highlighting and contour palette
- Ice Queen (first from left on top row) is an amazing natural looking illuminating color
- Soft light (2nd from the right on top) is a beautiful yellow color to set under eye circles
- Toffe and sculpt are the top favorite shades to contour with
- Highly pigmented
- Perfect highlighting and contour shades
- Great shade selection for so many skin tones
- Removable and refillable pans with shades of your choice
What I don’t like about NYX HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR PRO PALETTE?
- Slightly need to work more to blend the contour shades
I was a little reluctant in buying a contour palette by NYX when we have other options available with an add up of few extra dollars. I was leaning more towards KAT VON D shade & light palette but anyways I saved some $$$ and ended up buying this instead and I absolutely fell in love with it. A lot of people complain about the powders not blending well and yes I would agree to that to some extent but I am really happy with the end results. The shades are hard to blend but they don’t look overly dramatic. The colors are just perfect for highlighting and contouring because normally contour powders are made bronze or orange which to me is totally pointless because you need to mimic natural shadows not an extra orange glow on the areas you like to contour. Contouring is done to hide the flawed areas of your face and bronzing would simply highlight it whereas colors like the NYX contour palette has are just the right ones to mimic shadows and create those perfectly chiseled contours around the areas that need attention.
This palette is amazing and can be blended easily with a little extra effort (just a tiny bit).
What is it made of?
NYX recommends checking packaging for most recent ingredient list.
Ingredients found on website:
Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Lauroyl Lysine, TrimethylsiloxyphenylDimethicone, Dimethicone, OctyldodecylStearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850).
By : Natural Health News