A low-carb diet is a Diet that restricts carbohydrates, for instance those found in sugary foods, pasta and bread. It is high in protein, fat and healthy vegetables. There are several different types of low-carb diets, and studies confirm that they can cause weight loss and improve health.
This is a detailed meal plan for a low-carb diet. What to eat, what to avoid and a example low-carb menu.
A Low Carb Diet Meal Plan
What foods you must eat depends on a few things, including how healthy you’re, how much you exercise and how much weight you have to drop.
Believe all of this as a common guideline, not something written in stone.
Vegetables, fruit, meat, fish, high-fat dairy, fats, eggs, seeds, nuts, healthy oils and perhaps even some tubers and non-gluten grains.
HFCS, sugar, wheat, seed oils, Tran’s fats, “diet” and low-fat products and highly processed foods.
Foods to Avoid
You should avoid these 7 foods, in order of significance:
- Diet and Low-Fat Products: Many dairy products, crackers, cereals, etc.
- Highly Processed Foods: If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
- Sugar: Soft drinks, agave, fruit juices, candy, ice cream and several others.
- Gluten Grains: Spelt, wheat, barley and rye Includes breads and pastas.
- Trans Fats: “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils.
- High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils: Soybean-, cottonseeds, sunflower-, grapeseed, corn, safflower and canola oils.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Saccharin, Aspartame, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium, Use Stevia instead.
You MUST read ingredients lists, even on foods labelled as “health foods.”
Low Carb Food List Foods to Eat
You should base your Diet Plans on these real, unprocessed, low-carb foods.
- Fruits: Apples, pears, oranges, strawberries and blueberries
- Vegetables: Spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and lots of others
- Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken and others
- Fish: Salmon, trout, haddock and others. Wild-caught fish is best
- Fats and Oils: olive oil, butter, lard, Coconut oil and cod fish liver oil
- High-Fat Dairy: Butter, Cheese, heavy cream, yogurt
- Eggs: Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are most excellent
- Nuts and Seeds: Walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc
If you need to Weight Loss, be careful with the cheese and nuts because they are easy to eat too much on. Don’t eat more than one piece of fruit per day.
If you are healthy, active and don’t need to lose weight then you can afford to eat a small piece more carbs.
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and others.
- Non-gluten grains: Oats, rice, quinoa and others
- Legumes: Black beans, lentils, pinto beans, etc
You can have these in control if you want:
- Dark Chocolate: Choose natural brands with 70% cocoa or higher
- Wine: Choose dry wines with no added sugar or carbs.
Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and may provide health benefits if you eat it in restraint. But, be aware that both dark chocolate and alcohol will hinder your development if you eat/drink too much.
Some Healthy, Low-Carb Snacks
There is no health cause to eat more than 3 meals per day, but if you get hungry between meals then here’re some healthy, easy to prepare low-carb snacks that can fill you up:
- Baby Carrots
- A Piece of Fruit
- Full-fat Yogurt
- A Handful of Nuts
- Some Cheese and Meat
- A Hard-Boiled Egg or Two
- Leftovers From The Night Before
I suggest clearing your pantry of all unhealthy temptations if you can: candy, chips, sodas, ice cream, juices, breads, cereals and baking ingredients like wheat flour and sugar.
By : Natural Health News