Yoga for kids has become more and more popular as of late. On the other hand, lots of yoga instructors find themselves at a loss when faced with their initial yoga class for kids. The instructors know the poses, how to build up flow sequences, various pranayama exercises, and how to perform alteration. On the other hand, they now have a group of children staring at them and they have no idea how to fill the next 30-60 minutes.
What is Hatha Yoga for Kids?
Hatha yoga is actually old, older than your grandparents.
The practice of yoga developed in India thousands of years ago as a way to get enlightenment (that thing that makes fat Buddha smile all the time).
The word yoga means to bind, which means that people practice yoga to bond with all living creatures in the world.
The eight key areas where yoga for kids benefits are as follows.
It is necessary for the children to start yoga by first calming down their nerves. They guide such hectic lives that taking deep breathes, help in calming their harrowed nerves.
It is enjoyable pose for the kids because it is all about balancing on one leg. They not just enjoy doing this but are very helpful for their growing bodies.
Downward Facing Dog
It is great work out to develop their limbs and strengthen their bones. This is the right age to strengthen tissues and muscles.
It is a excellent and fun exercise where the kid has to do an upside down position. Regulates blood flow.
This wonderful easy pose is done in standing. This pose can be done with your hands in front of your heart or go in front and raise them over your head. Focus on breathing in and out!
My personal favorite! This pose is done by resting on your back and placing your hands where they are comfortable. Focus on breathing in and out!
Children drop toward this enjoyment, silly pose, which opens the hips, realigns the spine, and calms the mind. Encourage your kid to rock back and forth in this pose, as the action provides a gentle back massage.
Spread your knees apart and keep your toes together. Bring your head down towards the earth. Rest your arms where you feel comfortable.
How to Practice of Yoga for Kids
- It’s simple to play with yoga for kids at home.
- Use your body to change into animals and natural phenomenon. Watch with your yogi vision, mimics any movements, qualities, and sounds of your observation.
- You are a bird, flap your wings and fly.
- You are the sky, extend your body out and clear your mind.
- You are the sun, lift your arms, open your chest, and shine.
- When you look at your body through yoga for kids you can express your inner-self (that thing that makes you smile).
- Okay, now you know that hatha yoga is not just for mom and dad. It’s for kids, as well. And you know that yoga for kids is fun, creative, and just plain silly!
These are few necessary poses advisable for children but there are several more. It is greatest left to the discretion of the teacher or the instructor because he knows the kids the best! It might be the smartest thing as parents to enroll your bundle of joy in Yoga classes particularly for kids. Knowing how to relax in this day and age is a boon in itself!
By : Natural Health News