What is Tansy Herb?
Tansy is a perennial and it spreads easily which can be quite invasive and if you do not keep it under control. This herb plant can grow up to 1 meter (3 feet). It is native to Europe, but is quite established in North America as well. This healing herb is not a common cooking herb anymore. It is a very bitter herb. Its leaves are edible and were used in some Easter dishes. There is an old British dessert called Tansy. Tansy in pudding which was served in England during Lent. If you must taste this herb plant is sure to use only small amounts. Tansy as a cooking herb is no longer advisable. Tansy is a good insecticide. You can also grow these plants in some pots and place them outside which is close to your entrance. That will help to keep mosquitoes and flies away. Dried flowers which can make wonderful ornaments indoors. These healing herbs which also serve the purpose of helping keep ants and bugs away.
Benefits of Tansy
Following are some benefits of Tansy:
- Tansy which has been found to be effective in giving relief from inflammation, particularly those pertaining to the skin, and others as well. It also gives relief to some extent like from inflammation in the respiratory, digestive, and other nervous systems.
- Istamine in the body which is responsible for triggering allergies and many other various problems which is related to allergies, like as rashes, itches, severe coughs, asthma, breathing troubles, continuous sneezes, or hiccups. Allergies which can turn to seriously fatal if they take over the internal organs and particularly the liver and heart.
- The components which are like thujone and camphor, it is being toxic to living cells, and it of has ability to killing viruses. These components which can rupture the cyst, probe inside, and also kill the virus. It stops the growth of the virus and also gives immunity against many viral diseases like the common cold, mumps, measles, and chicken pox.
- Most of the fevers which are actually indications of the ongoing fight between the body’s immune mechanism and can be infected by bacteria (like typhoid, yellow fever, and black fever), viruses (like influenza), protozoa (like malaria and a few others) and fungi. The more severe our body’s reaction, the higher it will body temperature becomes.
- Tansy can help to improve general digestion and it also deal with common digestive conditions like flatulence and dyspepsia. It is also been used to treat stomach ulcers, cramping, and pain and other gallbladder issues. Tansy which is also regarded an effective appetite stimulant.
- It kills the intestinal and other parasitic worms in our human body, like as round worms, tape worms, hook worms, and others. It is also used to kill worms which can be developing in wounds. It helps in the regrowth of healthy cells and quicker healing of wounds.
- It is also used to treat sciatica, dyspepsia, skin infections, and can help prevent miscarriages.
- Tansy historically was used for treat painful joint conditions like arthritis and rheumatism. It is also sometimes used to treat other types of pain like migraines, headaches, sciatica and nerve pain.
By : Natural Health News