Brand: Sleek Makeup
Shade: Rose Gold
1. Fair skin tones.
2. The glowing golden effect.
3. Night time jazzy functions.
1. Packaging: 4.5/5 –Classy but would have given it 5 if it was slightly bigger in size.
2. Texture: 4.5/5 – Great unruffled texture. Only few pigments spread here and there and that is ok for powder blush. Not as messy as some can be!
3. Lasting Power: 4/5 – About 5 to 6 hours on normal skin & 3 hours on oily skin.
4. Shade color: 4.5/5 – Great for fair to natural skin with blue as well as pale undertones. Can be called a dupe for NARS Orgasm but lacks the tinge of pink that is more prominent in NARS. (Explained properly in “Why do I commend it?” section.
5. Overall Rating: 4.3/5 – Nice shade for routine wear but a lot needs to be improved.
Do I Recommend It?
Yes, but with certain limitations.
Why Do I Commend It?
I would say the product is great and long lasting. Does offer a good color payoff but not great for routine wear! It’s ideal for jazzy occasions only as it has a lot of glowing effect and the glow is shimmery golden. Offers great pigmentation but still I feel the golden highlights overpower the pink ones. I always use angled brush to highlight my cheek bones as it won’t look that great if you apply it with regular blush brush. Sweep it once or twice with angled brush and voila! You’ll love the effect but be prepared for prominent golden highlights too. Overall a great product! I am parting with it because I got NARS Orgasm recently as a gift and only after looking at it I can now say that Rose Gold is on the golden side whereas Orgasm is a perfect fusion of pink and golden. Both the tones are in equal proportion but that doesn’t make Rose Gold loose its points. It still is great and I would just not spend extra bucks on buying NARS just because it makes pink prominent. There is a trick I’d like to share to turn Rose Gold into Orgasm 😛
*Once you have applied RG, take a tea pink blush and sweep it with your angled brush sideways and then see the results! Keep your hand light while sweeping as you might end up looking like a clown too so, be careful!*
Why Is It A Hit?
- Great pigmentation.
- Nice color payoff.
- Awesome golden highlights which make your cheeks glow like a Diva.
- Spreads evenly and looks divine for night time occasions.
Why Is It A Miss?
- Lacks tinges of pink as golden pigments overpower the pink ones so end result is more golden cheeks.
- If you are buying it as a perfect dupe for NARS Orgasm. (Read “Why do I commend it?” section for details).
- If you have medium to dark skin.
- If you want to wear it during the day.
Brace It With:
- Bright smokey eyes or even plain simple ones would do too!
- Well done lashes.
- Subtle nude lipstick to avoid the bold look.
- Curled or blow-dried hair. *Avoid straightening with this look*.
Mica, Talc, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, PentaerythritylTeraisostearate, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Jojoba Esters, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol May Contain [+/- CI. 77891, CI. 15850, C1 45410, CI. 77360, CI. 19140, CI. 15985, CI. 77492, CI. 77491, CI. 77499 CI 77742]
Photos For Reference
By : Natural Health News
Leave a Reply