What is Rhodiola Rosea?
Rhodiola Rosea is a flowering plant that grows in cold regions such as Siberia; the Arctic; and northern parts of Europe, Asia, and North America. It is available and used all over the world, therefore, it is known by many names such as arctic root, king’s crown, golden root,or roseroot. For thousands of years this herb has been used for medicinal purposes, especially in the Chinese and Indian medicinal systems. It is most famous for its stress relieving effects and was mostly consumed in tea form. The tea was made of its roots because they carry the most nutrients.These dayssupplements of this herb have become the most popular method of consumption.
Benefits of Rhodiola Rosea
- It reduces anxiety and nervousness by inducing relaxation and calmness
- It is an adaptogen, meaning it helps the body adapt to physical and emotional stress
- It reduces the symptoms of depression
- It improves memory and concentration which is particularly useful for the elderly suffering from conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer’s
- It boosts energy by improving blood circulation within the body. Improved circulation causes more oxygen to be available to the organs, cells, and tissues; improving their efficiency
- It helps with weight loss by increasing the metabolism
- It reduces the amount of stress hormones released during periods of stress. Stress hormones such as cortisol cause a variety of health problems, including heart disease, high blood pressure, and heart arrhythmias. Rhodiola rosea lowers the chances of being inflicted with such illnesses.
- It has anti-tumor properties that make it beneficial for people suffering from cancer. It can also be added to the diet to help prevent the onset of cancer
- It contains antioxidants that protect the body and its cells from damage caused by free radicals
- It boosts the immune system by stimulating the production of NK cells in the spleen and stomach
By : Natural Health News