RECIPE: Lentils & Sausage Salad
What do you need?
- 1 link pre-cooked chicken sausage (3 oz)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 bulb fennel, finely diced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, finely diced
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
How do you make it?
- Warm chicken sausage
- Season with garlic salt in a pan
- Stir in lentils for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Stir in fennel, apple, and celery
- Serve over arugula
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and mustard, and sprinkle over top
How many calories would you consume with this?
Good to know!
With this easy to prepare meal you get a good dose of protein from both lentils and sausages. You consume a low fat and low in sodium healthy lunch if you mix lentils with sausages because lentils are rich in nutrition, easy to digest, most alkaline and above all very easy to cook.
By : Natural Health News