Hash Brown Casserole with Bacon, Onions, and Cheese
What do you need?
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded Classic Melts Four Cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed 30% reduced-sodium, 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Cooking spray
How do you make it?
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp
- Remove bacon from pan, and crumble
- Discard drippings in pan
- Add 1 cup onion and garlic to pan; cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently
- Stir in the potatoes
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes
- Stir occasionally
- Combine crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup cheese, green onions, sour cream, salt, pepper, and soup in a large bowl
- Add potato mixture into it
- Toss gently to combine
- Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese
- Cover with foil coated with cooking spray
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Remove casserole from refrigerator
- Let it stand at room temperature 15 minutes
- Bake casserole, covered, at 350º for 30 minutes
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges and cheese begins to brown
How many servings would you get out of it?
You will get approximately 6 servings out of it measuring 1 cup.
Good to know!
This recipe is ideal if you are planning on serving a number of people, mainly a crowd. All the work can be completed in a day and you can it a day before the actual occasion. Before serving it is advised to give it a round in oven for about 30 minutes so everything is hot and fresh. You can invite a lot of people for breakfast by mastering this simple recipe that can be completed without putting yourself through a lot of hassle.
By : Natural Health News