What do you need?
- 2 cups regular oats
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
How do you make it?
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl
- Combine orange juice, honey, and brown sugar in a small saucepan
- Cook over medium heat just until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in oil and vanilla
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat
- Spread mixture in a thin layer onto a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray
- Bake at 300° for 10 minutes; stir well.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Spoon granola into a bowl
- Stir in dried cranberries
- Cool completely
How many servings would you get out of it?
You will get approximately 4 servings measuring ½ cup each.
Good to know!
Store completely cooled granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. You can use it in so many ways. You can refrigerate and make interesting food bags to give away at a party or for your kid’s school friends on his/her birthday. You can so many creative things using these bags. Also try pairing it with yoghurt if you find it to be drying on its own.
Source: My recipes
By : Natural Health News