RECIPE: Tomato Tart
What do you need?
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- Cooking spray
- 2.5 ounces cheese, shredded (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
Note: This serving is for 8 people.
How do you make it?
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll dough to a 12-inch circle
- press into a 9-inch deep-dish tart or spring form pan coated with cooking spray
- Sprinkle with cheese, olives, and shallots
- Arrange half of tomato slices over shallots
- Combine flour, cornmeal, and thyme
- Sprinkle over tomatoes
- Top with remaining tomato slices
- Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Combine milk, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and eggs
- Pour them all into pan
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until set
- Let it stand for 10 minutes
- Top with basil
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt and cherry tomatoes
- Slice the tart
- Serve with cherry tomatoes
How many calories would you consume with this?
Good to know!
With this healthy recipe you are not consuming any cream or meat which can be hazardous for health. You are consuming fresh tomatoes which are great for blood circulation and yields many more health benefits. You are totally eating healthy when you are consuming this dish.
To read health benefits of tomatoes in detail click here
By : Natural Health News
Leave a Reply