YES! YOU HEARD IT RIGHT…
YOU CAN EAT THIS BURGER AND STILL ENJOY THE HEALTH BENEFITS!
We have been emphasizing enough on the health benefits of black beans in some of our recent posts to follow them you can simply go to the links found at the end of this post.
Here is an interesting burger that you can prepare by adding black beans which ensures you are not just consuming fats and carbs you are also consuming a good portion of protein and fiber. Toss those cute little black beans into your burger NOW to enjoy the health benefits of a perfect blend of proteins and fiber.
Grilled Black Bean Burger
- Half a chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic cloves
- 2 cans of black beans
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- ½ of breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Grate onions and chopped garlic in a food processor or blender
- Add a can of black beans to the grated mixture
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley, 1 egg and a dash of red pepper flakes
- Pulse the mixture really well until combined
- Put the entire mixture into a bowl
- Add a second can of black beans with ½ cup of breadcrumbs, salt & pepper and mix them well
- Now form patties out of this mixture
- Cook them in an oiled grill for about 6 minutes OR
- You can also bake them at 375 degrees for 10 minutes on each side
AND… You are done with first and difficult half of the burger making process!
Now toss the patties into a whole wheat bun mixed with your choice of vegetables and sauces to enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner packed with essential nutrients that are great for your overall health and well-being.
By : Natural Health News
Leave a Reply