Brand Name: BEAUTYBLENDER®
Finish: Dewy and natural
Ideal for: Achieving dewy, natural finish without looking streaky and cakey
Priced at: $20 excluding taxes
- Comes in a small thin plastic paper container
- Can be stored in the container after every use but preferably without closing the lid
- Comes in three different colors; pink, purple and black
- Oval shaped sponge without any flat side to it
- Swells upon wetting
What I like about BEAUTYBLENDER® ORIGINAL?
- Provides a natural looking dewy finish
- Doesn’t make foundation look streaky and cakey
- Great for applying liquid highlighters
- Instantly provides a radiant glow to the skin
- Can be used on top of foundation applied with the brush to tone down the cakiness
- Can be used to blend concealers
- Can be used for baking when damp
- Helps concealers stay put and crease free for a longer time period
What I don’t like about BEAUTYBLENDER® ORIGINAL?
- Expensive than its peer “Real Techniques Complexion Sponge”
- Does not have a flat side to it which can be tricky for some people
- Wetting it can be a hassle in the morning typically before leaving office when you are already getting late
My thoughts on BEAUTYBLENDER® ORIGINAL?
I got it almost one year back when everyone was going gaga over it. I heard really good reviews from people in my community and of course, from the famous beauty gurus on YouTube so I decide to splurge and did not regret my decision. I was not into applying foundation with any brushes or sponges when I first got it. Switching from fingers to a proper foundation application tool was a nice change and I loved it. I absolutely loved how it made my foundation last longer on my face as compared to applying it with fingers. I then got into the makeup craze and invested in some awesome foundation brushes which I absolutely love, but my love for the beauty blender will never die especially as long as this trend of dewy finish foundations last.
I would however suggest that you try its cheaper alternative “Real Techniques Complexion Sponge” if you want to enter the bandwagon but are on a budget too.
By : Natural Health News