Recipe: Asparagus and Soft Eggs on Toast
What Do You Need?
• 4 slices of rustic country bread
• 1 pound asparagus with tough ends trimmed
• 2tablespoons of olive oil
• kosher salt and black pepper
• 8 large eggs
• 1/4cup Parmesan (1 ounce)
How Do You Make It?
• Heat broiler
• Place the bread and asparagus on a baking sheet
• Drizzle with the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
• Broil until the bread is toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side
• Transfer the bread to plates
• Continue broiling the asparagus, tossing once, until tender, 4 to 8 minutes more
• Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil
• Carefully lower the eggs into the water
• Reduce heat and gently simmer for 6 minutes
• Cool under running water and peel
• Divide the asparagus among the toast
• Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan on top
• Top with the eggs
How Many Calories Would You Consume With This?
Good to Know!
Since the eggs in this recipe are not fully cooked there is a risk of food-borne illness. Avocados on the other hand provide key fats such as alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) and oleic acid. They are a good source of pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C.
By : Natural Health News