Recipe: Asparagus and Soft Eggs On Toast
What Do You Need?
- 4 slices of rustic country bread
- 1 pound asparagus with tough ends trimmed
- 2tablespoons of olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4cup Parmesan (1 ounce)
How Do You Make It?
- Heat broiler
- Place the bread and asparagus on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Broil until the bread is toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side
- Transfer the bread to plates
- Continue broiling the asparagus, tossing once, until tender, 4 to 8 minutes more
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil
- Carefully lower the eggs into the water
- Reduce heat and gently simmer for 6 minutes
- Cool under running water and peel
- Divide the asparagus among the toast
- Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan on top
- Top with the eggs
How Many Calories Would You Consume With This?
Good To Know!
Since the eggs in this recipe are not fully cooked there is a risk of food-borne illness. Avocados on the other hand provide key fats such as alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) and oleic acid. They are a good source of pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C.