You can put strawberries to use for a great skin but the question is how? There are a number of ways by which you can use this super skin food i.e. strawberries for cleansing, moisturizing, skin lightening & brightening. Its anti-aging properties help you achieve a flawless complexion which is free of acne, wrinkles and fine lines.
Here are some of the uses of strawberries which we pulled out after trying ourselves at home.
You can use strawberries:
- For under eye puffiness because strawberries have astringent properties that help diminish under eye puffiness. Cut large slices of strawberries and apply them to your eyes while you listen to some soft music. Keep them on for 15 minutes and wash off.
- As a facial cleanser because strawberries are excellent natural exfoliants and help a great deal in removing dead cell that accumulate on the upper surface of your skin. They contain salicylic acid that sloughs away dead skin cells for a smoother looking skin. They also inhibit the growth of blackheads.
- As a foot scrub to soften rough and tough heels.
- As an acne fighting and anti-aging mask because strawberries contain high amounts of chemical known as alpha-hydroxyl acid which sloughs away dead skin cells and also eliminates excess oils from the skin.
- For smooth and soft lips make a quick mask by mashing 2 ripe strawberries and 2 teaspoons of sugar. This would make a great lip mask and scrub for smoother and softer lips in no time.
- As teeth whitener, by rubbing half a strawberry on your teeth while you hold that beautiful smile. You know that smiling “eeeeeeeee” face. Do it for one minute and rinse off.
- As skin scrub to fix problem skin. To make a skin scrub you would need to mix ½ cup of sugar in 4-5 ripe strawberries and 3 tsp of Oilve oil. Massage this mixture onto your skin before taking shower and see how smooth, luxurious and hydrated your skin feels afterwards.
Try these at home and update us if you can!