RECIPE: Chicken, Potato & Leek Pie
What do you need ?
- 1 slice smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cubed red potato (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced leeks (about 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 large egg white
Note: This serving is for 6 people.
How do you make it?
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost crisp
- Keep stirring frequently
- Increase heat to medium-high
- Add potato and carrot to pan
- Sauté 3 minutes
- Keep stirring occasionally
- Add chicken and sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned
- Don’t forget to stir occasionally
- Stir in flour and next 3 ingredients (through pepper)
- Sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently
- Slowly add broth to pan, stirring constantly
- Bring to a boil
- Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally
- Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish
- Top with dough, folding under and pressing down on edges to seal
- Combine milk and egg white seperately
- Brush mixture over top of dough
- Cut small slits in dough to vent
- Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until crust is golden
- Let stand 10 minutes
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddddddd… It’s READY!!!
How many calories would you consume with this?
Good to know!
The dish is a perfect replacement for the fast food version of this recipe which carries 800 calories; too much when you are on a weight loss spree. When you are losing weight you are supposed to eat frequent meals with short intervals and it is strictly not allowed to have one meal with so many calories and starve the whole day. So, this particular recipe right here is a refined low-calorie version of the fast food one with almost the similar taste.
By : Natural Health News