What is Borage?
Although you may not have heard of, read about the Herb Plant Borage – and that would not surprise me as borage is a little known for use as an Herbs in the United States – it is however one of the four cardinal flowers of the ancients and a very interesting herb to get to know! The borage plant is thought to have originated around the area of Aleppo (Syria) but is now naturalized in the United States. The common thread running through historical descriptions of borage is its ability to make men and women glad and merry, to comfort the heart, dispel melancholy and give courage. This powerful plant has many therapeutic benefits and has been used for hundreds of years as a Healing Herbs.
Borage is an annual self seeding plant, borago officinalis, that bears lots of leafy, branched, hollow succulent stems covered with stiff white hairs. Its sprawling habit makes it difficult to have as a decorative plant, but its delightful blue, star shaped flowers with their cone of prominent black anthers, are about 3/4 inch in diameter, and are certainly a decorative part. Borage is loaded with Vitamins and minerals which provide health benefits. Borage blossoms are so pretty that they’re used for garnishing plates, salads and beverages. Cold drinks seem more refreshing with a couple of borage flowers floating on top. Whole flowers or just the petals can be used as a beautiful and fragrant garnish and it can be used in different Herbal Remedies.
Benefits of Borage Herbs
The health’s benefits of Borage Herb include are:
- Borage may reduce tenderness and swelling in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Borage oil might help the growth and development of premature infants
- Borage might reduce the number of days that patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- The herb holds a good amount of minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, and magnesium.
- It might ease symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It could promote healthier skin.
- It probably won’t help with weight management.
- It likely won’t help with eczema.
- Don’t expect it to relieve cramps.
- It reduce the severity of type 2 diabetes in the short term.
- It can reduce rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
- It can be important to the proper structure and function of the skin barrier.
- It reduced skin roughness, scaling, sensitive and dry skin.
- Borage extract capsules significantly reduced depression.
- It significantly reduced OCD symptoms and anxiety.
- It improved symptoms of coughing, shortness of breath.
- It reduce the amount of weight that they gained back.
- It prevented age-related bone loss by reducing inflammation.
- It reduced fat content, set liver enzymes back to their normal function, and reduced oxidative stress.
- It prevented free radical production and thus may help patients undergoing radiotherapy treatment.
- Borage extract killed various pathogens.
- It protecting them from cancer.
- It helps to reduce chronic stress or anxiety and promotes peace of mind.
- It enhances the function of lymphatic system and kidneys as well.
Leave a Reply