What is Balm Of Gilead Herb?
Balm of Gilead is an herb which has ability to help treat protracted coughs, and to clear the upper respiratory tract but real secret is that they are good for pain and aches. Balm of Gilead extracted in an organic grain and to fight with viral fungal infections and bacterial. This Healing Herb is also be used for Treatment of Eczema skin conditions and frostbite. Many people used it for treatment of keloids, scars and stretch marks. Most of the people think that you have to wait till spring for harvest herb but it is in middle of winter which can make Balm of Gilead. This herb plant grows up to 100 ft and over 6 ft in diameter and mostly found in both America, most of the people cut them in spring and it is easy to find young freshly. The buds are harvested in winter or spring before they turn into leaves. This herb plant is member of willow family and like a willow. It has salicylic acid which can be used for different types of pain reduction. Balm of Gilead is considered a stimulating expectorant and it is helpful. The balm of Gilead there are many ways in which it can made. This healing herb can be boiled in water where the resin came to top and skim of like a tar. The oil which is made form the buds is a natural antibiotic and anti inflammatory. Making balm of Gilead oil from buds is easy.
Benefits of Balm of Gilead
- It brings down inflammation of the skin when applied in topical ointment form. When applied to sunburns it acts in a similar manner to Aloe Vera, sucking out the heat and itchiness due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capabilities. It can even reduce inflammation and thus pain caused by arthritis
- It has antimicrobial properties that can neutralize skin infections and conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- It can eliminate scars and blemishes
- It can rapidly heal insect bites and eliminate the pain caused by them
- It can be topically applied to the temples and neck to get relief from headaches and migraines
- It acts as an expectorant meaning it helps the body expel mucus and phlegm. Since bacteria thrive in mucus and phlegm this expectorant action helps the body fight off infections such as the common cold
- It is a diuretic meaning that it helps the body get rid of excess fluid by stimulating urination. This property is great for men with enlarged prostates as it reduces the pain and discomfort of urination that is caused by this condition
- It provides relief from disorders of the stomach such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, chronic diarrhea, and cystitis
By : Natural Health News