Coronavirus Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
There is a spread of a ‘’Coronavirus’’ which is wreaking Havoc on the city of Wuhan located in the Hubei province of China. The outbreak of the virus start early in December of 2019 and has continued to spread. The people who were the first ones to become infected were all related to the South China Seafood Wholesale Market which has been closed ever since.
This is a large family of viruses that are together known as the coronavirus. Most of the known coronavirus symptoms only have simple effects on the people for example giving them a mild respiratory disease like the common cold.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Once you are infected with the cold virus, the signs will take around two to three days to show, sometimes is may take as long as one week. The first symptom of this viral infectious disease is an irritated nose or throat. Other Symptoms of Coronavirus that will manifest are:
Most common Symptoms:
- Dry cough
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- A rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
Causes of Coronavirus
For this, you need to understand what Causes of Coronavirus and how it spreads from one person to another. There are some viruses that cause this disease. Some of them are:
Colds can be treated and must be hygienically cared for as they can be contracted by coughing, sneezing or mere inhalation of the virus.
Diagnosis of Coronavirus
COVID-19 is diagnosed with a laboratory test. Your healthcare provider may collect a sample of your saliva or swab your nose or throat to send for testing.
Treatment of Coronavirus
Fortunately, there are some proven ways to treat infection and slow down the pace it spreads at. Given below are some treatments that can help you save yourself from the infection and slow down the spread.
- It’s better to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds as this is the amount of time the soapy water takes to execute the virus.
- If someone’s is sneezing or coughing, make sure you stand at least one meter away from them.
- Get vaccinated.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Drink enough water so that your pee is a pale, clear colour.
- As much as possible, try to keep from touching your face
- If you have to sneeze or cough, cover your nose and mouth to keep the droplets from infecting others or things in front of you.
- Practice social distancing and don’t travel unless you actually have to.
- Limit contact with others and stay home as advised.
- Wear a face mask consistently and correctly.
- If you think that you are infected with the virus, don’t get out and stay inside your room.
- Don’t smoke or take part in actions that can cause your lungs to get weaker.
- Avoid extra indoor spaces and crowded outdoor settings.
For all patients, supportive care is recommended:
- Stay home and rest
- Take pain and fever medications
- Use a humidifier or take a hot shower
- Drink plenty of liquids
Health A-Z including their Symptoms, Causes and treatments. Visit Natural Health News for health information on common topics from A to Z.