What is Barberry Herb?
Barberry is perennial herb plant which is usually around 8 foot tall and grows up to 10ft high. It has yellow flowers, black and red berries and also has small rounded fleshy leaves. It prefers sunny location and flourishes in dry sandy oil. The barberry is common in North Africa, the Middle East and Europe. Most of the species of Oregon grape which is a relative of barberry. The bark, root and berries of the barberry are used for much medical purpose and the fruit is edible and source of vitamin C with sharp taste. Barberry herb plant is used to cultivate for the sake of fruit. The ripe berries can be made refreshing jelly by boil them. There are many healing herbs which help to digest and colon cleansing. Barberry has positive effect on blood sugar level. This healing herb has also capacity to increase the blood supply in body and which is helpful to these patients. It is an effective treatment for ulcers, ulcerative bowel problems and heartburn.
Benefits of Barberry
Following are the some benefits of barberry which perform different functions regarding your health.
- Barberry is used to tart an infection and inflammation in body.
- Barberry also helps to relieve common respiratory tract aliments like sore throat, sinusitis, bronchitis and nasal congestion.
- When it comes to heart health there are many medicinal properties of barberry specie have reported and include effectiveness to improve cardiomyopathy, cardiac arrhythmias and hypertension.
- In research it is said that the barberry also give protection against type 2 diabetes. The study found that barberry used with milk it helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and to treat diabetes.
- It is also beneficial for kidney stones and the gallbladder.
- Barberry is also used to treat bacterial diarrhea and parasitic infection of intestine.
- It helps to lower the blood pressure by enlarging the blood vessels in hypertension patients
- Bayberry is also useful for correcting irregularities in menstrual periods, vaginitis and anemia.
- Radiation and chemotherapy treatments in most of the cases result in white blood cell depression in body which can be correct with barberry.
- It is used to treat fungal infections like candida.
- People who are suffering from ventricular heart defects can also get benefit from barberry. It also helps to detoxifying as well as stimulates liver which increase the function of liver problems like gallstones.
By : Natural Health News